By My Family Plate at December 19, 2010 | 4:06 pm |
10 Things You Should Know About Type 2 Diabetes
by Rachel Wester
- More than 80 percent of all people with type 2 diabetes are overweight or have a history of being overweight.
- Unlike diabetes type 1, it can be corrected through exercise, a special diet, and weight loss.
- Type 2 diabetes accounts for almost half of the new cases diagnosed in children.
- 1 in 3 children born is the United States today will develop diabetes.
- Type 2 diabetes accounts for 90-95 percent of all cases of diabetes.
- Recent evidence suggests that the consumption of low-fat dairy products lowers the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Each additional daily serving of dairy products was associated with a 9 percent decrease in type 2 diabetes risk.
- Aerobic exercise increases the body’s sensitivity to insulin, which is the reason it is prescribed to people with type 2 diabetes.
- Compared with people that don’t have diabetes, diabetic people are 4 times more likely to become blind and 20 times more likely to develop kidney failure.
- 2 of 3 people with diabetes will die from cardiovascular disease.
Share this on FACEBOOK, etc or LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW 🙂
10 Things You Should Know About Latest