I’m Nurse Kimberly. I’m a registered nurse and co-creator of My Family Plate™.
Welcome to Kimberly’s Korner. Here I want to share helpful tips and useful information that will help families get healthy.
My own personal struggles with weight as a child and as an adult have taught me that anything is possible if you believe and NEVER GIVE UP.
Being able to live life to the fullest and feel good about yourself everyday requires leading a healthy life. There is no single diet, workout, or pill that can do this for you. If you want to change your life all you have to do is decide and commit. Whether you are a mom who has extra weight from your pregnancy or if you have always been an unhealthy weight, YOU CAN DO IT!
My body has been in both of those situations so I can relate. My advice is to accept the fact that getting your body and mind in shape will be a challenge. But if you take the challenge and don’t make excuses you will be the person you really want to be. You will be a person who is a role model for their children, confident, strong, and an example to everyone else who feels like they will be fat forever.
Pick a start date or start now! Also, please use the information on this site to help you. There is a starter kit that is really helpful. It includes My Family Plate ABCD Health™ meal plans for adults that taught me the healthy way to eat for life that ended my fight with fat. I want to hear your story and offer my support and help. Please share your comments, thoughts, and questions with me. People need support. Professor Jay and I created My Family Plate™ to do just that, provide support to anyone who needs help getting their family healthy.
Here is one of my favorite quotes:
You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.
You’re on your own.
And you know what you know.
You are the guy who’ll decide where you go.
Enjoy My Articles and Videos
- Do You De-Stress ?
- Is Your Dinner Quick, Affordable, and ABCD Healthy™ (video)
- What Are You Eating for Lunch? Is it ABCD Healthy™? (video)
- Helping Families Get Healthy TIP #6 (video)
- Helping Families Get Healthy TIP #5 (video)
- US Government Helping America Get Slim
- Helping Families Get Healthy TIP #4 (video)
- Choose This Instead of That Part #2
- Choose This Instead of That Part #1
- What is Sleep Apnea and Who Gets It?
- Nurse Kimberly’s Garden Challenge
- Helping Families Get Healthy Tip #3 (video)
- Helping Families Get Healthy Tip #2 (video)
- Helping Families Get Healthy Tip #1 (video)
- Simple. Fitness At Home
- On The Road Again? Use These 4 Tips!
- Are Tanning Beds Killing Us?
- Do You Know What Your Blood Sugar Is?
- Mommy Bootcamp Burn! Fitness Routine.
- Heart Disease: America’s #1 Killer of Women!
- How to Make Healthy Chicken Nuggets for kids. (video)
- ABCD Healthy™ – How to Build a Healthy Plate – everytime! (video)
- I’m Having a Snack Attack!?
- NEVER Skip Breakfast. Have a Parfait Instead
- Welcome to My Family Plate™ (video)
- Nurse Kimberly Says “Take 5”
- Stamp Your Family’s Stir Fry Recipe
- Do You Know How to Build a Healthy Plate?
- CNN Special: Does Your Family Eat Together at Home?
- Richard Simmons on Ellen Degeneres: Planning is Key!
- (Interview) Childhood Obesity: Perspective from a School Nurse (Video)
- Are You Tired of Cooking after the Holiday?
- Letter from Nurse Kimberly on Weight Loss
- (Interview) Dr. Kanafani (Pediatrician: Expert on Childhood Obesity) (Video)
- Picky Eaters? Here’s Help
- Diabetes Type 2. Is Your Family At Risk?
- Eating Healthy on a Budget? 3 Tips You Must Know.